WHAT IS CLEAN ROOM?
Clean room in English is cleanroom. According to the professional definition, a clean room is a room in which the concentration of suspended particles in the air and other factors such as temperature, humidity and pressure are all controlled and controlled to bring a extremely sophisticated and modern work system.
It is easy to understand, the clean room is a closed room, in which the amount of dust is minimized; temperature, pressure and humidity are controlled and controlled so that the research, manufacture and production process is not dirty, no harmful gas, ensuring aseptic and “clean” as its meaning.
STANDARD OF THE CLEAN ROOM
Clean room standards are the regulations on the dust content per unit volume of air; temperature, pressure and humidity allow to be used as a standard. In which dust content is the most important. The clean room standard was first introduced in the United States in 1963 and so far it has become the worldwide standard.
Federal Standard 209 Standard (1963)
In 1963, the standard of clean room was first defined, named 209. Later, there were many improvements, perfection and became versions such as 209 A (1966), 209 B (1973) … until 209 E (1992).
Federal Standard 209 E (1992)
Standard 209 E (1992) defines dust content in air in standard units (m3). This standard was abolished by the US Department of Commerce in 2001 but it is still widely used today.
ISO 14644-1 standard
This clean room standard, defined by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), was released in 1999 with the name “Classification of air cleanliness”.
APPLICATION OF CLEAN ROOM
Clean room is currently a fairly new concept, but in the next few years it will be a mandatory construction code for many factories, hospitals … where high cleanliness is required. Specifically:
- Pharmaceutical field
- Food field
- Cosmetic field
- Semiconductor electronics field
- Operating room, blood room
BENEFITS OF CLEAN ROOM
- Clean space helps minimize the potential dangers when exposed to hazardous environments.
- Clean room with bactericidal ability to ensure a safe environment for both people and objects.
- Creating a natural source of air (not artificial like air conditioner) helps people in clean rooms to be comfortable and comfortable.
- Ensure safe air for operating rooms, resuscitation rooms, special patient care rooms …
- Ensure absolute cleanliness and safety for family spaces such as bedrooms, offices …